The Smith County 9-1-1 District is currently seeking a 9-1-1 Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Coordinator.
The GIS coordinators responsibilities are to coordinate and manage GIS systems and databases related to the operation of the 911 Network within district boundaries. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency and services as it pertains to the 911 GIS program. Responsible for the transitioning of the GIS network/database towards compliance with the NG911 Standards. Coordinator will also assist with all aspects of the day to day operations of the Network.
Applications accepted until 08/23/2021
The Smith County 9-1-1 district does not directly hire dispatch telecommunicators. All of the links to job postings below are provided as a courtesy and the job positing are for the 9-1-1 call centers within the Smith County 9-1-1 district jurisdiction seeking to employ emergency communications professionals.
To apply for a telecommunicator position, please check with one of the following agencies.
- Telecommunicator Careers with City of Tyler
- Telecommunicator Careers with Smith County
- Telecommunicator Careers with Lindale
- Telecommunicator Careers with UT Health East Texas – EMS
- Telecommunicator Careers with DPS
- Telecommunicator Careers with TJC
- Telecommunicator Careers with Overton